DIPLOMA IN EVENTMANAGEMENT (MQA/PA8624)
Diploma in Event Management is a course specially designed to provide the aspiring event managers with the knowledge and skills on behind-the- scene activities and event organization covering designing, planning, implementing and evaluating different type of events for corporates, government or personal. Students will be trained from obtaining permits to pyrotechnics preparation.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
- Integration of knowledge and skills into real-world practice through hands-on projects.
- Opportunity to build networks with venue providers and event companies through projects and field trips.
- A period of industrial internship towards the end of your studies will place you right in the heart of the job market.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This programme will instill the students with comprehensive knowledge of events operations, effective interpersonal and communication skills, and basic knowledge in business administration, problem-solving skills as well as maintaining the professionalism and ethics of the events industry.
You would be well-equipped for entry-level managerial or supervisory positions, also an effective team member in discussing the client’s needs, contributing to original ideas, keeping to budgets and time-scales, checking out venues and equipment, sourcing entertainers, caterers, suppliers, and contractors and making enquiries, participating in marketing activities, keeping to safety rules and regulations, and ensuring smooth running on event day.
Our lecturers have a wide scope of experiences in the field of hospitality, tourism and event organization. Students will be taught through a variety of methods, including lecturers, tutorials, teamwork, collective research and presentations. Students are assessed by a combination of written examinations and coursework.
The course is 100% face-to-face lecture-based learning. Coursework includes lectures, tutorials, discussions of case studies, tests, role play, projects, presentations, and completion of group and individually-written assignments.
Classes and workshops are available on study skills, academic writing and presentation. Students are also provided with state of the art library and good internet connection to ensure flawless learning and studying at MIB.
Intake months – January, April & September
1. Principle & Practices of Management
2. English for Professional Communication
3. Principle of Marketing
4. Event Management 1
5. Interpersonal Communication
6. Introduction to Event Production
7. Event Management 2
8. Event Marketing
9. Event Risk Management
10. Introduction to Conferences and Conventions
11. Event Operation
12. Catering Management
13. Principle of Accounting
14. Event Project Management
15. Malaysian Studies
16. Fundraising Management
17. Human Resources Management
18. Business Law & Regulation
20. Stage Management
21. Special Event Management
22. Ethics and CSR in Event Industry
23. Wedding Planning Management
24. Pengajian Moral/ Pengajian Islam
25. Community Service (Khidmat Masyarakat)
27. Negotiation Skills & Conflict Management
28. Occupational Safety & Health
29. Industrial training
- Pass SPM with 3 credits;
- 3 credits in UEC SM3;
- Other qualifications will be assessed based on the equivalence to IGCSE ‘O’ level examinations; or
- Completed entry requirement test via APEL – MQA
VALUE ADDED QUALIFICATIONS
Students may choose to earn an extra Australian diploma in related field of study upon course completion. Please contact the administration office
for further information regarding this.