DIPLOMA IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (MQA/PA8626)
The objective of this program is to educate and train prospective culinarians with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to be industry compatible in the modern culinary arts field. Students will be able to demonstrate the attributes of a professional chef including determination, dexterousness, timing, and the aptitude to work well with others. Upon successful completion of this degree program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply logical solutions and maintaining high level of ethics as a chef.
- Applying safety and food hygiene practices.
- Apply and demonstrate sound knowledge and skills in molecular gastronomy.
- Communicate effectively to various audiences.
- Practice continuous development in the Culinary Arts.
- Demonstrate proper usage of modernist kitchen equipment.
- Develop a skillset that will help you succeed in business management in an international perspective. Acquire knowledge on how to build connections across cultures and how globalization is growing and changing business opportunities.
- This course will bring you through an exciting journey of not only doing businesses abroad but to also manage a local business at an international level.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
- Small interactive classes encouraging a dynamic partaking learning environment
- Learn from industry experts with recent work experience and first-hand knowledge of business trends
- Work based learning to prepare yourself for the real world even before graduation.
A Diploma in Business Administration will arm you with the basic knowledge and theories that apply to the business organisation. Learn the way organisations operate – from a micro and macro perspective, analysing based on objectives and goals, changing trends in business strategies, applying critical decision making and improving the future organisation profitability and sustainability.
It will prepare you to be efficient in a diverse team as a leader or supervisor, demonstrating awareness and understanding of management, economics, accounting and entrepreneurship.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Skills, knowledge and capacity to work in national and international environments that are competitive, complex and culturally diverse. Specialised tools in marketing, accounting, finance, and related management subjects that are necessary to understand the magnitudes of successful business management.
You may work in multinational corporations and organisations dealing with business at both local and international level.
Lecturers are both academic and industry-based professionals with extensive work experience and knowledge in their domain.
The course is 100% face-to-face lecture-based learning. Coursework includes lectures, tutorials, discussions of case studies, tests, presentations, and completion of group and individually-written assignments.
Classes and workshops are available on study skills, academic writing and presentation. Students are also provided with state of the art library and good internet connection to ensure flawless learning and studying at MIB.
Intake months – January, April & September
1. Principles & Practices of Management
2. English for Professional Communication
3. Principles of Marketing
4. Introduction to Business Management
5. Principles of International Business
6. Business Mathematics
8. Principles of Accounting
9. Organizational Behavior
10. Computer Application in Business
11. Global Marketing
12. Introduction to International Trade
14. Management Information System
15. Malaysian Studies
16. Industrial Training
17. Malay Language for Communication (*Only for
18. Leadership / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
19. Moral Studies (*Non-Muslim and International Students)
20. Islamic Studies (* For Muslim Students Only)
21. Cost Accounting
22. Diversity Management
23. Human Resource Management
24. Principles of Insurance
25. Community Service
26. Financial Management
27. Operation Management
28. International Human Resource Management
29. Cross culture Management
30. Business Law & Regulation
31. E- Business Management
- Pass SPM with 3 credits;
- 3 credits in UEC SM3;
- Other qualifications will be assessed based on the equivalence to IGCSE ‘O’ level examinations; or
- Completed entry requirement test via APEL – MQA
ASSESSMENT & EXAMS
- Continuous assessment and final examination.
- Continuous assessments include case studies, class tests, discussions, presentations, group and individual assignments.
To attain a pass for each module, students must achieve overall minimum GPA of 2.0 (grade C).
Minimum 80% of attendance rate for all subjects throughout the course.
Graduating students who passed all the modules will be issued a transcript and awarded with a Diploma certificate from MIB upon graduation.
VALUE ADDED QUALIFICATIONS
Students may choose to earn an extra Australian diploma in related field of study upon course completion. Please contact the administration office for further information regarding this.