DIPLOMA IN BAKING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (MQA/A9436)
This program combines both the theory and science of baking with practical applications, allowing students to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in the baking profession. After training in our state of the art professional facilities, graduates should be able to:
- Apply sound judgment and ethical practices in the professional baking environment
- Ensure a safe and hygiene workplace environment
- Apply learned techniques and demonstrate proper professional equipment usage
- Collaborate effectively with team members at different level professionally
- Develop and execute recipes for small and large production levels
- Utilize alternative baking techniques to accommodate specialty diets and requirements
Our graduates have a proven track record of succeeding in various industries ranging from top dining outlets, hospitality and food production to the manufacturing, vocational education and retail businesses. Some of the most popular positions filled by them upon completion of studies are Junior Chef or Baker, Ingredients Specialist, Supervisory role (Food Production), F&B Executive and etc.
- Pass SPM with 3 credits
- 3 credits in UEC SM3
- Other qualifications will be assessed based on the equivalence to IGCSE ‘O’ level examinations OR
- Completed entry requirement test via APEL – MQA
- International applicants will be assessed on the qualification’s equivalent to the IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ level examinations.
Who are the lecturers?
Students will be learning from our team of highly experienced, industry based and professional chef lecturers. All our lecturers have a minimum of 20 years work experience with Degree in their respective fields. Our Baking Science Instructors have Master in Science as well as Bio-Chemistry / Food Science. 95% of our lecturers are from the food industry as we would like our students to learn from real experience.
Why at MIB?
- First baking college in the region established in the year 1987
- A Diploma in Baking Science & Technology that is Accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- A flexible program which offers a broad-based education providing exposure to a variety of disciplines, thus allowing students to make an informed choice when deciding on a future career
- Small class size for effective learning and recognition by International universities
- Experienced and committed teaching faculty with proven track records
- Cultural exchange and networking opportunities from a healthy mix of international and local students
Online Application – CLICK HERE